15 kV vacuum breaker for magne-blast switchgear are electrically operated with the following features and advantages:
- Extend the useful life of the existing GE Magne Blast switchgear avoiding extended downtime and much higher costs of a complete switchgear replacement.
- Decreased failures due to fatigue and deterioration of mechanisms, and components. This translates to better reliability, safety and lower maintenance costs.
- Eliminate the asbestos containing arc chutes.
- Lighter weight reducing wear on and failure of breaker lifting mechanisms.
- Upgrade one breaker at a time on scheduled outages with no additional downtime.
- Vacuum enclosed contacts for improved safety and reliability.
- Mechanical and electrical interlocks to mate with existing switchgear.
- Improved breaker opening and closing time reducing electrical hazards related to arc flash energy.