7 kV vacuum breaker for magne-blast switchgear are electrically operated with the following features and advantages:
- Electrically operated vacuum contacts for frequent operation without the slamming forces of spring energy mechanisms
- Eliminate the asbestos containing arc chutes.
- Contact arcing is contained within vacuum bottles.
- Mechanical interlocks and electrical controls to mate with existing switchgear.
- Electrically operated vacuum contacts for faster breaker opening and closing times used in arc flash energy calculations
- Exchange one breaker at a time during scheduled circuit maintenance outages.